About ISLAND LUMINA
A totally new type of attraction where you walk along a gently sloping 800-meter forest path and venture into a fantasy world of lights, motion pictures, and digital art using state-of-the-art technologies. The program is about one hour long. Although there are a few slightly steep ups and downs along the way, small children as well as elderly people who can do a light hike will be able to enjoy the attraction.
For your safety
Please note the following.
Program Start Times
- The attraction will open its doors 30 minutes before the start of the program.
- The program start time will depend on the sunset time.
- The attraction's opening time and program start time may vary slightly depending on the day's conditions. When it is crowded, the waiting time may take longer.
Approximate Program Start Time
April: 7:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
May: 7:15 p.m.–7:45 p.m.
June: 7:45 p.m.
July: 7:30 p.m.–7:45 p.m.
August: 7:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
September: 6:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
October: 5:45 p.m.–6:15 p.m.
November: 5:30 p.m.–5:45 p.m.
December: 5:30 p.m.
January: 5:45 p.m.‒6:00 p.m.
February: 6:15 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
March: 6:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
*Enter by 10:30 p.m.
*To confirm the actual start time, call the ISLAND LUMINA Operation Office (095-898-2202).
Entering ISLAND LUMINA
- To prevent any accidents and confusion and to ensure the smooth flow of people, be sure to follow the instructions of our staff. People who do not follow our staff's instructions may be refused entry or may force us to cancel the program. If it gets very crowded, we may limit the number of people entering the attraction.
- When guiding the crowd, our staff may touch your arm or shoulder to direct you.
- People entering ISLAND LUMINA may be subject to a bag search for hazardous items.
Getting to ISLAND LUMINA
- To get to ISLAND LUMINA, board the shuttle bus for ISLAND LUMINA at the bus stop at SHIMAKAZE NO YU (hot spring facility).
- No eating or drinking inside the shuttle bus. Also, no eating while walking in ISLAND LUMINA.
- ISLAND LUMINA does not have parking. You can park at Island Nagasaki P5 nearby.
- For detailed directions,click here.
About the Attraction
- Since the hiking path follows the natural contours, there will be upward and downward slopes, steep stairways, rough ground, and slippery places. You should wear clothing and footwear for easy walking. (High heels, etc., would not be suitable.)
- No running.
- Restrooms are at the entrance and along the hiking path.
- ISLAND LUMINA's entrance and exit are at different locations. You cannot store any belongings at the entrance.
- Always look after your young children while walking along the path. You should hold hands with smaller children.
- Small children and people with physical disabilities may not be allowed to see areas that may be hazardous.
- People in wheelchairs will not be able to see everything due to stairs or other physical barriers. They must also be accompanied by someone who is 16 or older.
- People with baby strollers will not be able to see everything due to stairs or other physical barriers.
- Except for guide dogs, hearing dogs, and service dogs, no pets are allowed on the shuttle bus and in ISLAND LUMINA.
- No smoking in and around ISLAND LUMINA except at designated areas.
- Photography with a drone, monopod, or tripod is not allowed. Also, do not block the path while taking pictures.
- The attraction will be held even in light rain. However, the program may be modified or canceled partially or wholly in the case of adverse weather or natural disaster. If the program is canceled or postponed, there will be no compensation for any transportation or lodging expenses.
If the program has been canceled or if the attraction has closed due to any of the reasons above, call 095-898-2202 to inquire about changing your ticket date or refunding your ticket. Our official website will also display this information.
- We cannot change your ticket date or refund your ticket due to any delay or stoppage of the transportation method you use.
- Once you agree to the ticket purchase agreement, you cannot exchange, change, or cancel the ticket.
- If you lose or destroy your ticket, a replacement ticket will not be issued.
- Tickets are also available at the door at ISLAND LUMINA. Tickets are not sold at the Island Nagasaki parking lot.
- The organizer may photograph the attraction for publicity and advertising purposes and visitors may be pictured in the photos or video.
- Anyone who causes a problem for other visitors, the staff, or the attraction may be refused entry or be expelled from the premises.
- ISLAND LUMINA and its related companies cannot be held liable for any accidents, thefts, etc., occurring in or outside the premises. Take adequate precautions to protect your valuables and personal belongings.
- Bringing in hazardous items (knives, scissors, etc.); riding a bicycle, kick scooter, etc., in the attraction; or bringing anything that annoys other visitors.
- Going over a fence.
- Straying away from the set path.
- Walking in the reverse direction on the path.
- Entering the attraction while inebriated.
- Entry of criminal gangs or gang members.
- Bringing anything else deemed to be hazardous or exhibiting any other behavior deemed to be undesirable by the attraction's operator.
For any questions, call the ISLAND LUMINA Operation Office at 095-898-2202.